Jewish History Association of South Wales - JHASW
JHASW is a Registered Charity in England and Wales, Charity Registration Number: 1178852
Updated 14 February 2021
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer when you visit a website and are generally used to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. These cookies can be read by the website when navigating through pages. In this policy we describe how and when cookies are used in our website.
There are two types of cookies these are "persistent" and "session".
Persistent cookies - remain on your device for a specified period set by the website, when this type of cookie is created it generally has an expiry date/time.
Session Cookies - remain on your device for the period of your web session with the server, that is until the web browser has been closed.
Cookies have many uses and are used by most websites, for more information about Cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
- Essential Cookies - These cookies enable core functionality such as security, verification of identity and network management. These cookies can’t be disabled.
- Marketing Cookies - These cookies are used to track advertising effectiveness to provide a more relevant service and deliver better ads to suit your interests.
- Functional Cookies - These cookies collect data to remember choices users make to improve and give a more personalised experience.
- Analytics Cookies - These cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with our website, discover errors and provide a better overall analytics.
You can prevent sites from placing cookies on your device by adjusting the setting in your browser, see your web browser’s help documentation on how to achieve this. Below we have listed some of the most popular web browser.
Please note that disabling cookies may have a negative impact upon the functionality many websites.
The Cookies We Set
- Essential Cookies - We set cookies so that we can recognize you on our website and remember your previously select preferences, choices you make and to navigate trails.
Below is a detail description of the first party cookies that our website uses, includes the type of cookie, the purpose, when it expires and shows example data that the cookie holds.
cookie-opt - Persistent Cookie - Expires 31 days after creation
Holds preferences for required and optional cookies. Each option you have selected is stored within a cookie which contains true or false depending your preferences.
PHPSESSID - Session Cookie - Expires on end of your session.
This cookie contains a unique identifier that is used to identify your web session with our website and is used for navigating the interactive trails.
Third Party Cookies
- Our site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most trusted analytics web solutions which allows us to understand how users, such as yourself, use our website. These cookies may track information such as how long you spend on the website and which pages on our website that you have visited. The information gathered by these cookies is used to create reports about the use of our site.
For more information about the cookies in use by Google Analytics services please visit: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=en